Friday 18 December 2009

New video demo: Monitoring Infinispan with Jopr console

Over the past few weeks, I've been working on improving how Infinispan is managed and/or monitored and I can finally share some of the results of that effort with you.

In the coming weeks, I'll be sharing some in-depth flash movies explaining everything from installing Jopr, our enterprise management solution for JBoss middleware, to installing the Infinispan Jopr plugin, discovering Infinispan instances automatically or manually...etc

However, before that, I'd like to share a video demo with you where I briefly show a three-node Infinispan cluster being monitored. It demonstrates graphical measurements, and non-graphical information of running Infinispan instances, addition or removal of monitored metrics and finally, execution of management operations on a Infinispan instance.



The Infinispan version used in the video was a snapshot of Infinispan 4.0.0, but you should be able to replicate what's shown in the video with Infinispan 4.0.0.CR3 or higher.

Enjoy :)

3 comments:

  1. Have you tried to create a "compatible group" containing your different infinspan servers? You could get some interesting aggregated metrics if you create a group containing all your servers and look at the group metrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, no I didn't try that. I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete